Thursday, March 10, 2016

Into the wind it’ll baptize our skin till our music is tender



Adam posted this song on his blog today. He sent it to me first (benefits of being his fiance..I get all the good stuff first).

Since my last post a couple of weeks ago, it feels like we have turned a corner on the winter time sadness.  The clenching panic in my chest has released a little and I am sleeping through the night again. I am experiencing feelings again like hope and my heart feels lighter. (the world isn't actually ending, weird.)

I am looking forward to summer evenings on our back patio and swimming before work in the outdoor pool at my local rec center. I am looking forward to my freckles darkening and bike rides with Adam to our neighborhood brewery. I am looking forward to sleeping with the windows open, well just keeping the windows open all of the time really.

I  am looking forward to sitting on our front porch swing together (may God bless its strength) and daydreaming about our wedding in September and what is to come for us after that.  I am looking forward to continuing to learn about what it means to love someone and grow a partnership with them. How that means that this person you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with comes with their own hopes (and opinions).

Tomorrow I am flying to Tucson to spend some much needed time with one of my most favorite people in the world. Sunday I will fly home and will have one hour longer of sun in the evening to greet me.

Spring is coming, and it is time to bid winter and the sadness that came with it, farewell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment