Wednesday, February 17, 2016

1- Let's begin

A new to me blogger/Internet person, who also may be getting a show on HGTV, writes a short post every day. Nothing crazy, just a few lines about her day, about recognizing the struggles and also the things to be grateful for - sometimes those are the same.

Well, I like that idea a lot, & I'm going to try to do the same during my lunch at work while I stare out my window at the city of Denver and shovel in last night's leftovers.

Yesterday:
I woke up too late and it led to a frazzled morning. It has taken me 31 years to realize I need at least 30 minutes in the morning dedicated to staring blankly at nothing while drinking coffee.

My Dad used to do this too, I remember. I always felt like I was intruding on something special of his if, I woke up early, & interrupted his quiet ritual. His eyes would be half open, and his voice deeper than usual.

Last night Adam and I rallied for a short more walk than run around our neighborhood. It was fun to be gasping next to him as we ran (shuffled) down our quiet neighborhood streets.  For dinner we had an unexpectedly delicious sausage & bean stew.

I woke up early today and drank coffee while Charlie snored next to me on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment